Mobile : +91 99 94 998686, +91 94 88 444777
Landline : +91 422 2679787, +91 422 2670868
Dry Cooling Towers India
Dry cooling tower / Coil Cooling Tower is an equipment which is used to cool and maintain the temperature of process hot water at a particular level. This operates on the principle of heat transfer by a heat exchanger with extended fins. The fan is deiven by an Electric Motor. Applying dry cooling means saving water.
Dry cooling technologies prove technical qualities and effectiveness in power plant heat rejection.
Dry Cooling Towers functioning in combination of extended sine wave finned surface heat transfer coils, with axial flow fans and rigid construction for regular operation. The hot water from any equipment can be sent to the inlet of the Dry Cooling Tower & that hot water get Cooled and Cold water outlet from the Dry / Coil is connected to the pump, which pumps the cold water to the equipment to transfer the heat from the equipment with less Evaporation loss, Maintenance free, No need of raw Water tank & 100% free from descaling.
- Conserving significant amount of water.
- Minimizing environmental impact.
- Very economical in cost.
Dry cooling Applications are:
- Power Plant Cooling Solution
- Injection Moulding
- Chemical & Oil Refineries
- Plastic Extruder Plant
- Steel Foundry & Forgings
- Dairy & Dyeing Plants
- Water Treatment Plants
- Diesel / Gas Genset Plants
Necessity of Air /Dry / Coil Cooling Tower
Water is the most essential element of our life, About 97 percent of that is stored in ocean. Of the remaining 3%, 2% are frozen ermanently as ice. What is left is what we have to work with. And this precious and meager amount needs a lot of attention to perform its function properly in the machines of civilization. Water plays a great role in industries. It is used as a coolant in various machineries. In water cooling towers like FRP Tower or Timber Tower, huge loss of water due to drift, evaporation, spray loss and blow down. It is now abundantly clear that water charges will go on rising at well beyond inflation rates. So for that we are introducing the Dry Cooling Tower / Coil Cooling tower for save the water.
1 Special Features of Air / Dry / Coil Cooling Tower
1.1 Usage :
The Air / Dry / Coil Cooling Tower are very compact and aerodynamically designed for Diesel Engines and LT & HT Circuits.
1.2 Very Less Water Conceptions:
The Air / Dry / Coil Cooling Tower are air cooled equipment so just you fill very small quantity of water, after that it is not required additional water. Due to the closed circuit there is no evaporation loss. So our towers are save the water cent percent.
1.3 Filling Water :
You can fill any typeor quality of water. No need of water softening plant or treatment chemicals. In first time just you fill small quantity of common drinking water.
1.4 No Scale formation
Due to closed circuit, same water will be circulated continually and no chance for evaporation so that scale will not be separate from the water and it is not deposit at any where in the heat transfer area.
Our Towers are very compact and aerodynamically designed. There is no any restriction for the location of the plant; atmospheric air is the cooling media. It cools the hot water and maintains the temperature of process hot water at a particular level. It has designed for highest ambient temperature so we could run the engine in 100% load even in peak summer. It has the fan and eectric motor to the water.
1.6 Energy Economy:
Our Towers are specially designed aerodynamically for power saving we are provide the mostat controls to switch off the fan motors in the time of cold ambient temperature.
1.7 Maintenance :
Our Dry Cooling Towers are closed circuit. So no chance to mix dust, fly, living organisms and dirt with process water. Air is the cooling media so there is no corrosion problem.
2. Technical Specifications of Dry / Coil / Air Cooling Tower
2.1 Designing and Material Quality
The Dry / Coil Cooling Tower are having heat transfer area with good quality coppers and very high quality of aluminium fins. Copper tubes are mechanically expended with coolers, it provides smooth inner tube surface so there is no chance for pressure drop (our Cooler are tested at 350 PSI). Coolers are favricated in heavy channels and using steel sheets. The finalized steel frame provides stacking and shipping support and production against tube damaging.
2.2 High performance of Fan and Motors:
A new generation start of the art cooling fans the energy economy concept. It combination of performance strength endurance and reliability designed aerodynamically for characteristic of the fan outlet essences an optimum distribution of air across the ” Cooler” giving an added benefit to the system fans are dynamically balanced on computerized machine. And using IP55 / TEFC standard motors.
Comparison chart between Dry Cooling Tower / Coil and Water Cooling Tower
Dry / Coil Cooling Tower
- Plant location restriction is not required
- Scale for mations are impossible
- Water consumption is not required
- No corrosions due to air
- Mixing of dust, dirt is not possible when processing of water
- Except fan and motors maintenance is negligible
Water Cooling Tower
- Water Source decides the location opf large plantsr
- Scale formation is unavoidable
- Huge loss of water due to evaporation, drift loss
- Steel parts in contact with water are corroded
- Water exposed to dust and dirt will be contaminated
- Maintenance is required
- The motor HP may be changed due to the ambient temperature of Air Cooling media and temperature of the water.
- Primary circuit inlet water temperature 80 C outlet water temperature 70 C. In secondary circuit inlet water temperature 66 C outlet water temperature 56 C.
- Other applications and models please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dry Cooling Tower Advantages
- Eliminates Scale-formation
- Eliminates Contamination of air
- Eliminates Frequent maintenance
- Eliminates FRP Cooling Tower
- Eliminates make up water after the first fill
- Eliminates raw water Tank and Pumps.
- Eliminates Moving parts except fan & motor
- Eliminates Mixing of dust / dirt / fly ash with Water
- Eliminates PHE at Furnace & Coil circuit
- Eliminates de scaling, fungus cleaning Chemicals
- Eliminates water softening plant & chemicals
- Eliminates Heat exchanger headaches at primary circuit
- Eliminates maintenance cost, reduces power cost & saves earth
Main difference between Dry and FRP is,
Dry cooling tower / Coil Cooling Tower
It is a closed loop system water & Air not mix directly. Eg- Radiator in cars
Wet cooling tower
It’s a open loop system water & Air mix directly. Its have two types
1. Mechanical Draft towers
2. Natural Draft towers
Mechanical draft towers
Mechanical draft towers are available in the following airflow arrangements:
1. Counter flows induced draft.
2. Counter flow forced draft.
3. Cross flow induced draft.
In the counter flow induced draft design, hot water enters at the top, while the air is introduced at the bottom and exits at the top. Both forced and induced draft fans are used.In cross flow induced draft towers, the water enters at the top and passes over the fill. The air, however, is introduced at the side either on one side (single-flow tower) or opposite sides (double-flow tower). An induced draft fan draws the air across the wetted fill and expels it through the top of the structure.
Natural draft towers
Natural draft towers use very large concrete chimneys to introduce air through the media. Due to the large size of these towers, they are generally used for water flow rates above 45,000 m3/hr. These types of towers are used only by utility power stations.
Coil cooling system is a heat exchanger with extended fins.
It cools the hot water and maintains it at a particular level. It has the fan and motor to cool the water. It is an air-cooled heat exchanger.
- Coil cooling tower is air-cooled equipment, so there is no need of water. Therefore, you need not worry about the water conception.
- There is fan and motor is the only Mechanical equipment in the tower, so it is maintenance free.
- It is closed circuit so no chance to mix of dust, fly, living organisms and dirt with process water.
- You can erect the cooling tower at any were, do not worry about the water scarcity.
- The air is the cooling media so there is no corrosion problem.
- There are no any chances for scale formation so need not worry about the descaling.
- Our Coil cooling towers are fabricated in heavy channels and using fiber materials for panels.
- The quality copper tubes with level wound coils is used.
- There is Galvanized steel frame provides stacking and shipping support and protection against tube damage.
- Copper tubes are mechanically expanded with coolers. This procedure provides smooth inner tube surface so there is no chance for pressure drop.
- The heavy wall steel pipes are using for inlet and outlet. We provided the good brazed joint for all connections so it is leak proof.
- We are testing the equipment with air and water upto 750-PSI. We have provided convenient vent connections.
- We are using IP 55 class motors and aerodynamically balanced axial Flow fans in Coil cooling towers.
Method of connection:
The hot water (from the processing) is connecting to the inlet of the tower. It is cooled, and then the cold water from the outlet of the Coil cooling tower is connected to the pump, which pumps the water to the equipment.
Advantage Of Coil Cooling Tower:
- No water consumption in Coil cooling system after first charge of water, there is hardly any necessity of water. The water is being circulated in the closed circuit system is not exposed to the atmosphere for any loss or evaporation.
- No scale formation in Coil cooling system. As the water filled in the Heat Exchanger is already clean. This water is being circulated repeatedly, without any evaporation, therefore the Heat Exchanger is always scale free and there is no need for cleaning of tubes.
- It saves more electricity during mild weather. The Fan motors are save substantial amount of electricity, during winter season, cool nights and under mild weather conditions. The Fan motors switching system can be made automatic with interfacing thermostat in the water line by a simple arrangement.
- Water softening plant is not required. Because once the drinking water is filled in the coil cooling tower there is no consumption of water at all. This kind of water is easily available everywhere.
- There is maintenance cost is very negligible. The external cleaning / washing of Heat transfer coils may be needed after about three months or once a year depending upon atmospheric conditions.
- The dirt may accumulate at finned surface heat transfer coils in bad weather conditions during storm of dust in the air. This dust / dirt can be washed with water pressure hose like washing a car radiator or it can be cleaned with high pressure air if available.
- No duration of Engine at peak load conditions. The Coil cooling tower are selected for operation at highest summer ambient temperature conditions, therefore full power can be generated at peak summer conditions without any problem.